AIM
JoelSem

Gettin' Fancy Gettin' Fancy

It was good, fun, styled, all up until the drop. Then you managed to continue the same feel the first half of the song portrayed, except with a fun/badass smoothie splashed all over that bitch.

I'll give this a 4.5 because I believe there were some things in the Dubstep breakdown that weren't as well rounded as the rest of the piece, but I'll be voting 5 on the song ;).

Suezo responds:

Yeah, still a bit of a newbie on the dubstep form.

But it was good to get it out there and see what people could tell me about it.

Suezo-- Take Control Suezo-- Take Control

How does one even start when it comes to creating an 8 bit like sound? Do you just bit-crush the hell out of your original samples, or do you have a dedicated retro sound-bank to pull from?

That being said, reminds me of a tunnel/underground scene from a game more badass then Sonic. Really liking how much you mixed things up, and although I can't say I love your melody, your effects/pads/bass are just so well weaved together that I can't give this anything but a 5. Keep at it!

Suezo responds:

The actually process of making 8-bit sound is different than what I used in this piece. Most programmers sell VSTi plugins that automatically make the different waveforms most commonly heard in 8-bit music.

to make legit 8-bit music you need a waveform generator which produces a basic geometric wave that can be changed to certain frequencies (square, triangle, saw, noise etc.) from there it is just a matter of augmenting the sound you want into different channels.

I considered the most traditional foundation for musical from to be from the Famicom. the counterpoint goes in 4 channels (a pulse wave, square/2nd pulse wave, triangle, noise.) and that's all that sound designers had back in the 80's so you can imagine how creative they had to get with their music.

Sorry if that was long winded. I hope that answered your question!

Norato - Bright as Light Norato - Bright as Light

You have something really good going here, but within the first 50 seconds you really should introduce something in the lower line. Your melodies are strong, very strong, but your drums and bass need a little more attention. I'll give you a 3.5, and I really want to hear more of the stuff you make in the future.

Appropriately Strange--_-- Appropriately Strange--_--

Heh

I'd call this Goa. This song is good enough for me to bring up di.fm, have you ever thought of taking your best music and submitting it to online radio stations? If people like your music, you'll only be heard more.

I'm not completely sure as to how you'd do it, but hey, just keep the thought it mind for when you have your internet again. Last time I checked, there's not many downsides to having your music listened to by more people ;D.

PERVOK responds:

Wow man, that's a real compliment. I listen to the goa radio on di.fm all the time :) I'm still looking for a way to get my music on that radio (or any other that has lots of listeners, for that matter) but I can't figure out how D: