AIM
JoelSem

Animator vs. Animation II Animator vs. Animation II

A fantastic improvement.

I did not like your first movie at all. I found it to be very much so over rated, and bland. This movie, I don't know what it is, but I've found myself watching it for the fourth time now. It's fantastic, and I don't feel I should've voted anything else but a 5.

Great job, I hope you bring more of this to the portal.

Mecha-Death: Pilot Mecha-Death: Pilot

God Returns.

"The Dad's home guy".
He's back, and he's impressed may viewers as a quick read of the reviews will say.

I'd just like to touch a few bases, starting with a few things that aren't as polished as they may be.

I've read complaints to do with it's relation to other stories, the graphics aren't spectacular and for some.. slower viewers, there may be too much going on at once and just be saying "Splosions, lol.".

But really,
Nothings completely original anymore. Almost everything is inspired by something else, and if the action is as smooth as it was, the storyline as drawing, the graphics don't matter at all, didn't bother me one bit. And for the slow viewers.. just keep them happy with "Splosions".

I'm anticipating the next installment into the series.

Good work, "Dad's home guy".

TooF Six TooF Six

Hah!

I found the "Motion Tween" very funny.
I dislike the Toof series, He get's away with doing such simple things, even if it is clever, if it's going to get daily award, it should take a bit of effort.
You got my 4.

Gobots Gobots

It was okay, I'm on day 21 now, and it takes roughly 30 minutes per day due to the memory leaks that are piling up.

I'd highly suggest putting another 30 hours into this, re-releasing it, and you could have a front page hit. This game works well, just needs more polish/depth.

Gone to the dogs Gone to the dogs

Ehh

Just cheat and you win. Spiked collar, Jetpack and boots, bet 5000 on yourself, it'll pay for the fines you get.

Tactical Assassin 2 Tactical Assassin 2

Amazing.

I've been waiting so long for the sequel, and you did not dissapoint.
I only wish it was longer, with more difficult scenarios.

Gettin' Fancy Gettin' Fancy

It was good, fun, styled, all up until the drop. Then you managed to continue the same feel the first half of the song portrayed, except with a fun/badass smoothie splashed all over that bitch.

I'll give this a 4.5 because I believe there were some things in the Dubstep breakdown that weren't as well rounded as the rest of the piece, but I'll be voting 5 on the song ;).

Suezo responds:

Yeah, still a bit of a newbie on the dubstep form.

But it was good to get it out there and see what people could tell me about it.

Suezo-- Take Control Suezo-- Take Control

How does one even start when it comes to creating an 8 bit like sound? Do you just bit-crush the hell out of your original samples, or do you have a dedicated retro sound-bank to pull from?

That being said, reminds me of a tunnel/underground scene from a game more badass then Sonic. Really liking how much you mixed things up, and although I can't say I love your melody, your effects/pads/bass are just so well weaved together that I can't give this anything but a 5. Keep at it!

Suezo responds:

The actually process of making 8-bit sound is different than what I used in this piece. Most programmers sell VSTi plugins that automatically make the different waveforms most commonly heard in 8-bit music.

to make legit 8-bit music you need a waveform generator which produces a basic geometric wave that can be changed to certain frequencies (square, triangle, saw, noise etc.) from there it is just a matter of augmenting the sound you want into different channels.

I considered the most traditional foundation for musical from to be from the Famicom. the counterpoint goes in 4 channels (a pulse wave, square/2nd pulse wave, triangle, noise.) and that's all that sound designers had back in the 80's so you can imagine how creative they had to get with their music.

Sorry if that was long winded. I hope that answered your question!

Norato - Bright as Light Norato - Bright as Light

You have something really good going here, but within the first 50 seconds you really should introduce something in the lower line. Your melodies are strong, very strong, but your drums and bass need a little more attention. I'll give you a 3.5, and I really want to hear more of the stuff you make in the future.